The main bus routes that serve Alvaston Moor Academy are:
2, 2A, 2B, 2C, 1, 1A – Arriva
Spectrum is the multi operator all day ticket which you can use across the bus network of Derby. You can purchase the day ticket from the driver on ARRIVA, Littles, Notts & Derby, Kinchbus and Trent Barton services. The ticket is available between 5am and midnight and costs £3.50 per child and £5.50 per adult firstname.lastname@example.org
Connected provides a range of high quality travel information and incentives to help and encourage people to make sustainable travel choices when travelling in and around Derby. If you would like more information please email email@example.com
Traveline 0871 200 22 33 Typetalk users for traveline should dial 18001 0870 200 22 33
Derby City Council’s public transport pages provides comprehensive bus and rail information www.derby.gov.uk
Trent Barton www.trentbarton.co.uk facebook.com/trentbarton.live or twitter.com/trentbartonlive
Notts & Derby www.nottsderby.co.uk
What help with home to school transport is available?
Derby City Council’s Home to School Transport Assistance Policy sets out the help they may be able to provide pupils who don’t live within walking distance of their nearest suitable school.
This distance, set out in the Education Act 1996, is measured by the shortest available walking route and is:
- two miles for children under eight
- three miles for children aged eight and over.
The help they provide for children who qualify is a free school transport bus pass.
Special educational needs – transport
Travel Assistance to school may be available for children with Special Educational Needs (SEN) who:
- are under eight years old and live more than two miles from school
- are eight to 16 years old who live more than three miles from school
- are at secondary school and from a family that gets the maximum level of working tax credit or free school meals and live two to six miles from school
- cannot reasonably be expected to walk to school because of their mobility problems or their health and safety concerns related to their SEN, disability or mobility issues.
b_line 2 card holders, aged 14 to 18, can get discounts on most bus travel throughout Derby City Council and Derbyshire County Council areas. b_line 1 cards are for 11 to 14 year-olds, and while they cannot be used to get discounted travel, the card is proof of age for a child fare. Both b_line cards can be used to get discounts at a variety of shops and leisure facilities throughout Derby and Derbyshire.
Apply for a b_line card here: https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/site-elements/documents/pdf/transport-roads/public-transport/b-line-application-form.pdf