Getting our leadership right is critical, as not only do we want our students to enthusiastically participate in a broad range of activities, we also want our students to take a leading role in these activities and be at the heart of their implementation.
Our leadership model has two central veins:
- The leadership from our Head Boy and Girl and their respective Deputies.
- Student Ambassadors – consisting of two Captains from each year group.
To deliver this model effectively, students run and lead meetings and events in the Academy across all age groups. The Academy Ambassadors will play a key role in the vision of the Academy:
A thriving learning community where our confident and resilient learners feel safe, are respectful and are responsible.
They have also prioritised six key areas which drive the Academy forward:
- Community – working to look after the school environment and those in need in the local community – ‘Together we are Stronger’
- Mindfulness – ensuring everyone’s wellbeing matters
- Literacy – valuing the importance of the spoken and written word
- Headteacher – acting as Academy representatives and establishing effective learning
- Charity – a relentless drive to serve others and support those in need
- Sport – promoting activities and mass participation